At Sachi Aesthetics we want to be sure you get the most out of your experience. Please read through the Pre & Post Care Instructions below and don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Treatment pre-care instructions:
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood-thinning medications (aspirin, vitamin E, Omega 3/Fish oil, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDS) for a period of 5 days before treatment due to having a blood-thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections
- Be sure to have a good meal and come well hydrated before your procedure. Please do not come fasting
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Make sure you have not had dental work in the last 2 weeks or plan to have dental work in the following 2 weeks for filler treatments
- Reschedule your appointment if you are actively taking or have taken any antibiotics in the last 1 week
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a cold sore or rash on your face
- Please discuss any recent facial surgeries/trauma with provider to determine the safety of your treatment
- Please plan treatments well in advance (at least 2 weeks) of special events, such as weddings, photoshoots and vacations
- Flights/Travel within a week after treatment is not recommended
- To lessen your chance of irritation & redness, stop the use of Retinol & exfoliating acids 3 days before your treatment
- Come with a CLEAN face, please remove all makeup prior to appointment
We cannot treat if: pregnant, nursing, currently experiencing an autoimmune condition flare up or have an active infection (or recent infections within 2 weeks)
- Massaging injected area or applying pressure for 6 hours (no hats or Clarisonic brushes)
- Saunas & exercise for 6 hours
- Retinol & exfoliating acids for 3 days after
- Bruising in the area injected is normal and often expected, especially if treated around the eyes. Bruising can last up to several weeks
- Some patients experience mild side effects such as a headache, which typically resolve within a few days
- Post injection bumps typically dissipate within an hour
- *If your upper lip was treated you may not be able to drink through a straw, whistle, or enunciate some words for approximately 2 weeks
- Results can take up to 14 days to take full effect. Remember, all good things come to those who wait! A follow-up visit at 2 weeks is suggested to assess results for subsequent treatments, particularly if you are a first time client. If full correction is not achieved, you will need to purchase additional Botox/Dysport for injection, as Sachi nurses treat conservatively
- Re-treatment is typically needed between 3-6 months
DERMAL FILLER POST:
- You may apply an ice pack (avoiding pressure) as this helps reduce swelling and the potential for bruising
- Avoid applying makeup or skin care products for at least 6 hours after injections
- For the first 24 hours, you should avoid strenuous exercise, excessive sun or heat exposure, in order to help minimize the risk of temporary redness, swelling and/or itching at the treatment sites
- Some temporary injection-related reactions may occur, including redness, pain, firmness, swelling, and bumps. Studies have shown that these are usually mild to moderate in nature and clear up on their own in 14 days or less
- Remember to be gentle when touching the newly treated areas
- You should see an immediate improvement in the treatment areas, however, there may be swelling and possible bruising. No massage or pressure on treated areas for 14 days. Results may vary and corrections are temporary.
- It may take up to 14 days for filler to fully settle. Remember, all good things come to those who wait! A follow-up visit at 2 weeks is suggested to assess results for subsequent treatments, particularly if you are a first time client. If full correction is not achieved, you will need to purchase additional syringes of filler for injection, as Sachi nurses treat conservatively
- Re-treatment is typically needed between 4-6 months
- Do NOT, touch, press, rub, massage, or manipulate the treatment area.
- Ice the treated areas for the next 24 hours. Place the icepack on the area for 20 minutes and remove the ice pack for 20 minutes. Continue this pattern for 24 hours.
- Apply (over the counter) Arnica gel to the treatment area to help decrease the bruising, swelling, and discomfort.
- Take (over the counter) acetaminophen and/or pain reliever if needed to decrease post treatment discomfort.
- Sleep on your back and with your head elevated for the next 3-5 days after treatment.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids after treatment.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for 3-5 days after treatment.
- Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment. These items may increase bleeding and bruising.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods and cigarettes 24-48 hours after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
- Avoid cosmetic treatments such as injectables, laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion to the Kybella treatment area. Sachi Aesthetics can assist and advise in coordinating specific treatment timing with other concurrent aesthetic services.
- Please report to your provider immediately if you develop an asymmetric smile or facial muscle weakness, skin ulceration in the treatment area, difficulty swallowing, or if any existing symptom worsens.
SKIN PEN POST:
Guidelines for recovery:
Day 1 – you should expect mild to moderate swelling and redness similar to a sunburn; there may also be some mild bruising
Day 2 – some redness may present, but all redness, bruising, and swelling should be diminishing; you can resume sunscreen and makeup and return to normal activity
Day 3 – most redness, bruising, and swelling should be nearly gone; normal appearance with makeup should be achieved
- Avoid strenuous exercise or excessive perspiration the first 1-2 days. Excess blood flow and sweat can cause discomfort and irritation to compromised skin
- Avoid use of any topical products not provided or approved by your skincare professional
- For the first 2 days, only use the post care kit provided to you
- Strictly avoid sun exposure as you will not be wearing sunscreen. You may return to sunscreen the day following your procedure. There may be some degree of swelling immediately post treatment. However, if you have excessive swelling or any of the following signs of infection, you should contact the office immediately
However, if you are experiencing severe side effects such as difficulty breathing or swallowing, or intense & painful swelling at the injection site call 911 immediately & then email email@example.com
Please contact us immediately at 480- 454-8188 if you are experiencing:
Intense pain the treated area
Excessive swelling that is increasing with time
Skin color and/or temperature changes other than bruising (where skin is white or hot/cold)
If you aren’t sure if what you are experiencing is normal give us a call or email us! We are happy to help!
Follow Along on Insta
Sachi Aesthetics loves being social, so check out our latest posts below and let’s connect! Be sure to give us a follow to stay up to date with everything going on behind the scenes.